By bringing your students to one of our many productions this season, you will expose them to high quality, professional theater created by accomplished actors, writers, directors, and designers. In addition, the themes of our plays will inspire relevant and interesting discussions and study topics for your classrooms, after-school clubs, and groups. Every year, over 3750 students and teachers from area elementary, middle, and high schools see a show at Two River Theater.
Tickets are just $15* and include:
· Convenient 10am* performances
· Curriculum Guides to help teachers integrate our work on stage to their work done in the classroom
· A post-show Q & A with the actors
· For $3 more per person, we offer a 9:15am Pre-Show Workshop to further engage students with the production they are about to see. (Not available for A Little Shakespeare: Merry Wives or The Way Back Home)
* Tickets for A Little Shakespeare: Merry Wives are $12 each and have a 10:30am start time. Tickets for The Way Back Home are $12 each and have a 10am start time.
Questions about student matinees?
Please contact Jill Merriman at 732.345.1400 x1813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Seats Empty is an arts-in-education initiative targeting economically disadvantaged students. Students from eligible New Jersey districts receive all of the benefits of the student matinee series at no cost. Transportation to and from the theater is included if needed. Limited availability.
No Seats Empty: Total Experience is a unique opportunity for five selected schools to truly engage their students with professional theater. On-site at each school, Two River staff and teaching artists will lead curriculum-based workshops designed to deepen the students’ understanding of and engagement with the theater production, before and after they attend our student matinees. The deadline for the 2016/17 season has passed. We are pleased to announce that the following schools have been selected for this program: Arts High School in Newark, Asbury Park High School in Asbury Park, Barringer Academy of S.T.E.A.M. in Newark, Henry Hudson Regional in Highlands, and Thomas Jefferson Arts Academy in Elizabeth. If you are interested in learning more about the application process, click HERE for your reference.
Schools qualify for the No Seats Empty programs if they meet one or more of the following requirements:
· School is designated as a Priority or Focus School by the NJ Department of Education. These schools are listed here: http://www.state.nj.us/education/reform/PFRschools/PriorityFocusSchools.pdf
· School is part of an Abbott District, as listed here: http://www.state.nj.us/education/archive/abbotts/web.htm
· NSLP Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility percentage of student population is higher than the NJ statewide average of 35.5% from NJDOE 2011-12 figures available here: http://www.state.nj.us/education/techno/teleact/year14/FreeReducedEnrollment.pdf
· Other extenuating inequities caused by student SES or disaster recovery may be considered on an individual school basis. Schools that feel they may qualify based on these inequities are encouraged to apply.
Questions about No Seats Empty / No Seats Empty: Total Experience?
Please contact Amanda Espinoza at 732.345.1400 x1804 or email aespinoza(at)trtc.org.