ABOUT TWO RIVER THEATER
Over the last 24 years, Two River Theater has been committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community of Red Bank, New Jersey. Through 10 theatrical productions each year (including world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences) and 50+ annual events happening around Monmouth County, we work hard to produce exceptional theater and cultivate engaged audiences. Two River celebrates and honors our core values of Artistic Excellence; Education and Community Engagement; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Operational Excellence. Anyone who joins our team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
FULL-TIME JOB OPENINGS
This area will be updated should any full time jobs become available.
SEASONAL JOB OPENINGS
This area will be updated should any seasonal roles become available.
PART-TIME JOB OPENINGS
Front of House Staff: We are looking for candidates to join our Front of House team. Staff members will be cross trained in three positions: House Manager, Assistant House Manager and Concessionaire and be able to work shifts for each position as needed. Front of House Staff report directly to the Front of House Manager and work closely with the Front of House team, Volunteer Ushers, Box Office and Production Stage Manager to ensure performances start on time and run smoothly.
- Provide excellent customer service to enhance the patron experience & foster audience loyalty
- Help to ensure a safe environment for all theater visitors, including those with mobility or accessibility limitations
- Oversee and train volunteer ushers
- Electronic ticket scanning and proficient use of ticketing software
- Troubleshoot seating and ticketing issues
- Accommodate patron requests and resolve patron complaints
- Complete detailed House Management reports
- Concessions sales and inventory tracking
- Provide special event support including set up, serving and bussing
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with the public
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve quickly
- Should exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Positive can-do attitude; ability to work well with other employees & volunteers
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Available nights and weekends with flexibility
- Previous experience in the hospitality or theater industry, a plus
- CPR, First Aid & Fire safety training, a plus. Annual training will be provided by theater.
Expected Schedule: Employee would be expected to work a minimum of 10–15 hours per performance week.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a letter of intention (including where you saw this job posting), detailed resume, list of 2–3 references, to the Front of House Manager & Volunteer Coordinator Angela White email@example.com No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Front of House Staff
Deadline: February 15/2019
Education: Two River Theater, a LORT D producing theater in Red Bank NJ seeks professionally experienced and dependable theater teaching artists for periodic outreach programs on a rolling basis. Teaching Artists will incorporate the arts in schools using the work on our stage. Applicants should have extensive experience teaching theater to grades 4-12. Experience teaching Shakespeare, as well as in-school workshops, should be noted. Teaching artists need patience, a good sense of humor, intelligence and a sincere desire to inspire and make a difference. Email photo/resume, cover letter including philosophy on theater education, and two references to Kate Cordaro, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scene Shop Overhire: Two River Theater, a mid-sized professional LORT theater, one hour from New York City, is seeking submissions for carpenters interested in part time, over hire work. Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups. Please send a resume to Will Cruttenden at email@example.com.
Volunteer Ushers: Do you love theater? Would you like to see Great American Theater for FREE?
Two River Theater is a vital cultural resource in the community and is looking for Volunteers to join our dedicated team of Ushers.
Responsibilities & Requirements Include:
- Available nights & weekends
- Provide patrons with a friendly and welcoming environment
- Assist patrons to their seats, including those with mobility or accessibility limitations
- Customer service skills and/or experience working with the public
- Minimum Age: 16yrs. old. Students welcome!
To Apply: Please email Front of House Manager & Volunteer Coordinator Angela White firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest and including where you saw this job posting. No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Volunteer Usher
OVER HIRE WORK
Two River Theater Company always welcomes resumes for carpenters, scenic artists, props, costume, lighting, and sound technicians interested in part time, over hire work. Please send materials to Will Cruttenden (Associate Production Manager) at email@example.com.
Internships are only available in the following areas. Duration of internships vary. Please send an email with resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
Box Office: Gain experience in customer service and Spektrix Ticketing Software. Must be detail oriented and possess strong computer and typing skills. A friendly attitude and experience in customer service a must. Flexible schedule is a plus. Send cover letter and resume to Michele Klinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CASTING AND AUDITIONS
Two River is a LORT-D, Equity theater. Auditions for our productions are by appointment only, with the exception of Equity Principal Auditions, which are posted on www.actorsequity.org.
DIRECTORS AND DESIGNERS
Resumes may be submitted to Stephanie Coen, Associate Artistic Director at email@example.com