Introduce your students to professional world-class theater, with student matinees available for almost every performance and a variety of grade levels.
At Two River Theater, your students will experience high quality, professional productions created by accomplished actors, writers, directors, and designers. The themes of our plays will inspire engaging and relevant discussions for your classrooms, after-school clubs, and groups. Every year, over 3,000 students and teachers from area schools see a show at Two River Theater.
We’re excited to announce our 2022/23 Season! Stay tuned to this page for more info, or email email@example.com.
Questions about student matinees? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 732.345.1400 x 1841.
STUDENT MATINEE INFORMATION
- Convenient 10:00 AM performances
- Curriculum Guides to help you integrate our work on stage to your work in the classroom
- A post-show Q & A with the actors
- For $3 more per person, we offer a 9:15 AM Pre-Show Workshop to further engage students with the production they are about to see.
Student matinees for A Little Shakespeare begin at 10:30 AM, and pre-show workshops at TRT are not available.
No Seats Empty Programs
NO SEATS EMPTY
No Seats Empty (NSE) is a grant-funded arts-in-education initiative that makes theater accessible to all students by providing free tickets and transportation to low-income students attending student matinee performances, as well as offering them the option to attend every pre-show workshop at Two River Theater for free. Depending on the performance, qualifying schools are eligible to receive up to either 30 or 50 free tickets per school. Additional tickets can be purchased at student matinee ticket prices, if available. NSE attendance to any production is subject to availability. Please contact email@example.com or 732.345.1400 ext.1804 for additional information about your school and the No Seats Empty program.
NO SEATS EMPTY: TOTAL EXPERIENCE
A unique opportunity for up to five schools each season to truly engage their students with professional theater. Selected schools attend two to three student matinees in the season, and Two River teaching artists travel to their schools to lead pre- and post-show workshops designed to deepen the students’ understanding of and engagement with the theater production.
NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 2021/22 SEASON. We look forward to offering the No Seats Empty: Total Experience program again as soon as it is safe to do so!
- School is designated as a Priority or Focus School by the NJ Department of Education.
- School is part of an Abbott District.
- NSLP Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility percentage of student population is higher than the NJ statewide average of 35.5%.
- Other extenuating inequities caused by student SES or disaster recovery may be considered on an individual school basis. Schools that feel they may qualify based on these inequities are encouraged to apply.