Introduce your students to professional world-class theater, with student matinees available for almost every performance and a variety of grade levels.
At Two River Theater, your students will experience high quality, professional productions created by accomplished actors, writers, directors, and designers. The themes of our plays will inspire engaging and relevant discussions for your classrooms, after-school clubs, and groups. Every year, over 3,000 students and teachers from area schools see a show at Two River Theater.
Questions about student matinees? Please contact email@example.com or call 732.345.1400 x 1813
STUDENT MATINEE INFORMATION
- Convenient 10:00 AM performances
- Curriculum Guides to help you integrate our work on stage to your work in the classroom
- A post-show Q & A with the actors
- For $3 more per person, we offer a 9:15 AM Pre-Show Workshop to further engage students with the production they are about to see.
Student matinees for A Little Shakespeare begin at 10:30 AM, and pre-show workshops at TRT are not available.
Thank you for joining us this season!
Bookmark this page for our 2023/24 student matinee offerings, and email us to ensure that you are on our mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
'HAVE A SEAT' PROGRAM
Have a SEAT (Student / Engagement / Access / Theater), formerly No Seats Empty, is a grant-funded arts-in-education initiative that makes theater accessible to all students by providing free tickets and transportation to under-resourced schools attending student matinee performances, as well as offering them the option to attend every pre-show workshop at Two River Theater for free. Depending on the performance, qualifying schools are eligible to receive up to either 30 or 50 free tickets per school. Additional tickets can be purchased at student matinee ticket prices, if available.
- School is designated as a Priority or Focus School by the NJ Department of Education.
- NSLP Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility percentage of student population is higher than the NJ statewide average of 35.5%.
- Other extenuating inequities may be considered on an individual school basis. Schools that feel they may qualify based on these inequities are encouraged email us at email@example.com to discuss it further.
FREE VIRTUAL STUDENT MATINEE
Two River’s most popular education program breaks the mold to create something entirely new with Tiny Shakes: Romeo and Juliet, co-directed by Aneesha Kudtarkar and Em Weinstein (A Little Shakespeare: Twelfth Night).