High school juniors get an inside look at the professional theater-making process, from sets and costumes to marketing and audience services.
This year-long highly competitive program, open to high school juniors from across New Jersey, is a unique opportunity for students to learn about professional theater. In addition to seeing every show in our season for free, selected students take workshops with professional artists, and assist our staff throughout the company—an immersion into theater that has made this a proven training ground for the country’s best university programs. Since 2005, 189 outstanding students have completed the Metro Scholar program.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Included in the Metro Scholar Program:
In the 2021/22 season, the Metro Scholar program will offer a hybrid (in-person or virtual) opportunity for students to learn about how a regional theater works through various workshops as well as opportunities to work on projects with our artistic, administrative, and production departments.
Metro scholars accepted into the program can expect to receive access to the following benefits and experiences:
- Insight into how a regional theater really works.
- Two subscriptions to the Two River Theater season.
- Opportunities for students to engage with theater staff on projects in a variety of ways. Students will gain exposure to most departments within the theater in some capacity.
- The First Day—The kickoff in November includes an orientation, theater exercises and an in-depth tour of the Two River Theater.
- Workshops on weekdays after school or weekends led by TRT staff and guest artists, exploring various aspects of professional theater.
- “Coffee Talks” after each production, where students, TRT staff, and artists share their feedback on the show. (Coffee talks immediately follow each workshop.)
- The Last Day—an entire day of workshops, master classes and exercises, run by teaching artists and TRT staff.
Current high school juniors (in the 2021/22 school year) who live in New Jersey may apply to be a Metro Scholar.
2021/22 Dates & Deadlines
VIRTUAL INFO SESSION
Teachers, Students and their Parents/Guardians can learn more about the program from staff and get answers to their questions.
Join Zoom Meeting Passcode: 127302
Email materials to Director of Education Kate Cordaro at email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted after this date. Teacher Recommendations may be sent separately, but also must be received by this date
Once applicants have submitted all required materials, they will be emailed a link to schedule their in-person audition/interview.
METRO SCHOLARS ANNOUNCED
All applicants will be informed if they are accepted into the program or not via email by this date.